BFB GLADWIN ARCHITECTS | 106 WEST HILL AVE UNIT B | VALDOSTA, GEORGIA
PHONE (229) 244 1492 | FAX (229) 242 8825
In association with Cogdell & Mendrala and Cooper Carry, BFB Gladwin Architects completed the $21.5 million renovation and new construction of Georgia Southern’s Landrum and Lakeside Dining Facilities.
The Georgia Southern University campus was served by two dining facilities – Landrum Center (constructed in 1966) and Lakeside Café (constructed in 1991). Both buildings were experiencing deterioration requiring significant maintenance expenditures.
In addition, the project is a response to the increasing demand for 24/7 food service and the new role of
dining facilities as “the third place” – an important campus node for a wide range of formal and informal student activities.
Analysis of the two buildings in terms of handicapped accessibility, life safety code compliance, structural condition, mechanical and electrical building systems, envelope energy efficiency, site conditions, and historic context was performed.
Georgia Southern University
Dr. Ron Core
VP for Business and Finance
Juneau Construction Company
3515 Northside Parkway, NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30327
CM at Risk